Sunday, April 11, 2010

In the Works!

Hi everyone!!! Oh, things have been busy lately and I also got a little flu bug or something that has been keeping me run down the last few days, but I am feeling a better and I have been meaning to post, so here we go! Things have been going really well with the Vintage Lady Hatbox Kit, people are really liking it, I've gotten emails and comments and pre-orders which is wonderful! So thank you all very much! And I wanted to share some more news with you, I am working on some really cool, beautiful and exciting new stuff so stay tuned! And just as a little hint, the stuff I am working on to show you and will probably be doing tutorials on (and maybe a kit down the road) is going to be using lots of Prima!!! I heart Prima don't you? And there will also be more of one of my other fave companies, Graphic 45, so stay tuned for that as well!

For now here are some pics of a layout that I did recently that I think you will like! I will be doing a youtube tutorial and/or ustream tutorial on how to make this soon so watch for that! And if I get enough feedback/comments on this I will also do a kit like this! So let me know if you like it!  Its called "Dream: The Yellow Rose Of Texas" and it is a picture of my Grandma Cecilia who was called The Yellow Rose of Texas and who is an inspiration to me and to my creativity!  She taught me how to sew quilts and dresses and things!  And though she has passed away, I still have dreams about her showing me how to make my first quilt block or how to do a hem!  I miss her very much and she is definetley where I get a lot of my creative and artistic drive!  She taught me how special handmade is because it has love in it!







2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful. I love all of the detail you put into it. so elegant looking, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea!
    This is beautiful!!!!!
    Like where did you get that beautiful fan or did you make it?????
    Still what a lovely LO!
    Thanks for the share.
    Hugs,
    Laura De La Rosa
    G45 Design Team
    The Vintage Key

    ReplyDelete